Saturday, January 22, 2005

I went to visit a friend today. And his girlfriend of 7 months. Yeah, that's a done deal. And he was the most callous, non-emotional guy of the group. Last time I talked to him, about a month back, he was adamant that he didn't know where the relationship was going, that he still didn't feel anything. I still don't think he feels anything. But she wants in. That was clear. She'd get married tomorrow. And the thing is, it looks like she's one. Not only because he brought her to Chicago for the weekend. But he is so whipped. It looks like she didn't have to confront him and ask for a ring. She just exerted her female force over him and it looks like he has no say in the matter.

So of course I welcomed her into the "family." As such, I treated her as a life long friend, doing whatever I could to embarass her and him, as well as drop subtle-as-rock hints that getting married was inevitable. The weird thing was, I think she took it better than him. He kicked me a few times under the table. But she just laughed. I like her. Of course, their reaction just furthers my previous observation - she's sold on the deal, and he's still uncomfortable.

We'll see where it all goes. I guess when he falls, it will be end of an era. The "Guys" will definitely be no more if our president has resigned from the club.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?