Friday, January 21, 2005

Let's say you're eating lunch a mile and a half away. And it's freezing and snowing, and it's Shabbos, so you have to walk for religious reasons. Now let's say there is a synagogue right there, next to where you're eating. So it's only half a mile walk to synagogue and lunch instead of two miles to go to both. What would you do? I'd go to the synagogue near lunch. But not my parents. No. Why should they change their routine? Why should they let logic interupt their daily life?

I don't really care where they pray. I don't really care where I pray for that matter. What I do care about is my sanity. Am I going to turn into my parents? Am I going to be stubborn and do non-rational things out of habit? Sometimes I'm not sure if what they do is typical of all people after they reach a certain age, and I am therefore doomed to their situation, or whether we have different personalities, and as soon as I move out and get married, I'll never have to face such stupidity again. But I'm afraid it's the former...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?