Sunday, April 10, 2005

Cubs Game

I went to a Chicago Cubs game. It was a long game, but fairly nice weather. There was one of those earthy, beer drinking souls sitting a few rows behind us who entertained our entire section with his colorful heckling of players and fans alike. He had a few good ones, mainly centering around mocking other fans with poor manners. It was mostly funny. But I heard the guy behind me complaining how this buffoon was making a fool of himself to attract attention. How this guy is basically waving to the world and saying "Hey I'm over here. I exist." I may have over philosophized this gentleman's remarks, and possibly even made them up, but I still think the situation is informative.

Obviously I can judge my own outlandish behavior in a similar light. Is it not to generate attention, as a course of feeling not forgotten, not irrelavent in a crowded world? This may be true of much of my clownish behavior, but I realized there are so many positive channels that I can put my antics into, such as cheering others up and breaking up awkward situations. So as in most character traits, it really comes down to moderating behavior to appropriate situations.

Like yelling at the pitcher, "BOOOOO. You're wife smells like my moldy left sock!!!"

Comments:
you forgot to add that you are also a pro in making awkward situations....
 
Awkward is the most fun when the other party is least expecting it. Of course, for all my talk, that's usually me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?