Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Reading

My latest reading, A Devil in the White City, is a great read. It's the tale of two men in turn of the century of Chicago, and how each pursued their creative dreams. One was the most prestigious architect of his time, and one was a serial killer. The author does a wonderful job not just of entertaining, but in presenting the motivations behind them. And as far as I can tell, it is the similarities, rather than the differences, that are most glaring.

I don't know which is sadder, that this book speaks to me so much, or that I think the serial killer led the happier life.

Comments:
Josh, how do you have so much spare time?
 
It's really amazing what you can accomplish once you get school out of the way.

Kids - Stay in school. You'll never be able to appreciate the free time afterwards unless you put in your time!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?