Friday, June 10, 2005

Lessons Learned

Apparently, the Dating "Rules" aren't just some made up fake-frumkeit nonsense. I always figured they were just a bunch of rigid formalities perpetuated by individuals afraid of incurring the wrath of the community. But apparently, they are also put in place to protect people's feelings.

I tried to set up a girl. Now, according to the Rules, you're not supposed to say anything to the girl until the boy has said yes and is ready to call her. I kind of figured that was just a norm based more in sexism than actual sense. Since I knew the girl here, and was looking for a guy for her (as opposed to the other way around), I mentioned that I had somebody for her. I also mentioned that I thought it was a great idea, that he was perfect for her, and that he would for sure say yes. He said no. Yeah, she was hurt. I really set her up for it. I felt like the worst person. I was trying to show her how much I cared by finding somebody for her. Instead I made her feel bad. Only me. One more night on the couch...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?