Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Women, Go Figure

Another post in a series, I guess.

I was at a married couple's house, and everybody was sitting around the table. The husband, who had gone to the kitchen to get something, returned to the table, and as he passed his wife, pressed his thumb against her nose in a cute little gesture. She looks at him as if she just caught him sleeping with another woman, sprays "Why did you do that?" in the most venomous tone of voice that I have ever heard hiss out of a person's mouth, and got up and stalked out of the room. She looked like she was going to cry. She returned after a minute, of course looking at her self in the mirror, giving her husband the stare of death, and then looked at her self in the mirror again.

Now either she just had her nose glued on and was afraid it was going to fall off, she was pregnant, or I really don't understand women. Apparently, though, I'm not alone. The husband played it so cool. I guess I still have a lot to learn. I would have been totally flustered. I'd feel so bad that my wife was hurt, but so confused and defensive at the same time. I wouldn't know what I did wrong, and I wouldn't think it's fair that my lovey-dovey behavior somehow ended up making her mad, not happy, as I intended.

So are women just unpredictable? Do they have it in for men? I think I'm just doomed for life. I might as well put a comfortable couch in the doghouse.

Comments:
Maybe she was a niddah...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?