Saturday, July 30, 2005

Shabbos Talk

I don't remember all the details, but I had some fascinating conversations Shabbos afternoon focusing on two ideas - Government and privacy, and Nationalism and Trade.

I am an anti-privacy advocate. I believe that the government can be entrusted with monitoring abilities without impacting my freedoms. In fact, I'll enjoy the added freedom of not having to worry about all the unknown criminals running around thanks to the anonymity provided courtesy of the privacy advocates.

I am also a big believer in free trade. I really don't care about unemployment in this country. I care that as a planet we are increasing opportunities to the most people. Most people blind themselves, both on the left and on the right, and don't realize that a free market means a free market.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?