Monday, January 23, 2006

For Better or Worse - I'm Back

No, I didn't disappear and get a "real" life. I haven't turned my back on the blog world. For those that noticed, I just got back from a week and a half in Jerusalem. Yes, without access to anything more than basic email. I have so much to say, and I'm not sure how I will say it all, without wearing down your attention.

Without going off into too many tangents (ie, the numerous idealogical issues I considered on my trip), here is the quick update. I spent my time in Yeshiva, split between studying and socializing (hey, I'm honest). I am ready to make a siyum, I went out with some girls, and met some great guys. I have tons of pictures, and hopefully memories that sunk in.

I prayed at the Kotel for many people, including many blog friends as well. I used a simple formula - that each one should discover the role Gd has in mind for them, succeed in fulfilling it, and find happiness in their destiny.

And now I'm back. I don't know what that means, practically or emotionally. I'm back at home and back at work. I have tried to catch up on reading other blogs, although it's overwhelming. I will take things as they come, and try and keep as much of Jerusalem here- as much as I can, as long as I can. I'm not good at describing the intangible, but all I can say is the incredible emptiness I feel now is amazing. The vacuum of purpose is so overpowering, my yetzer hora is in paradise.

And so the struggle begins again.

Comments:
Hi J. I love your brocha. halevei.
same to you in spades.
 
Did you bring me back something? :)
 
Welcome back Josh..
 
Glad you're home.
 
You've formulated a prayer that includes anything anyone could need!Kol hakavod.
Spirituality can be found anywhere, not just in Jerusalem, look for it and yuo'll find it.
 
Josh thanks for prayers - that's thoughtful that someone cares about us lonely bloggers. Welcome back ::hands Josh cup of coffee::
 
Glad you're back, beautifully written as usual. Getting me excited as I'm almost off to E"Y myself. I remember once coming back, a bit down, when the customs guy at JFK told me "Welcome home!" I was about to answer "This is not my home!" but realized that's not a smart thing to say to customs... :)
 
welcome back to this way station before you go back home.
i have to tell you this, and i'll post it on your blog for all, but you know the whole shovevim thing and your prayers and well, yeah, that's why you've got that empty feeling. :(
 
Prag - It is everywhere. It's just harder to find it when you're the only one looking for it.

Yakki - I love the Blogger chevra. I don't know what I'd do without you guys.

PP - I want details from you. To keep the memories alive...

Bec - What's the Shovevim thing?

Araya - We can just hang out instead.

Masmida - funny, because I think I'm further west than you.

I have Marzipan Rugelach for anyone interested.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?