Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sweet Nothings and Train Wrecks

Some people enjoy a quiet Shabbos to catch up on much needed rest. Others like to take the occasional vacation to an exotic locale or arrange social opportunities to reconnect with various friends. My parents were out this weekend, forcing me to find an alternative source of food. My first reaction was to starve. But then I decided why not drive numerous hours and let random bloggers take care of me?

And so I spent Shabbos at the BlogBlond household. The food was delicious, the kids were entertaining, and the weather was perfect. Duriung various parts of Shabbos I met PhotoChick, Rebel W/O a Clue, and Kaenahora. Gas was expensive, but you can't put a price on a spiritual retreat. And what better blog material than to see how random an offer I will take from my blog. Obviously, I follow through with things. So my only question is, who's next?

I am BlogBlond and I approve this message....Blogblond

Comments:
Josh, you've been invited to visit me and Ali numerous times over the last 22 months.

I'm now making this information public, and notifying the entire blogging community that Josh Goldman has never visited us, but he is still invited and we expect a visit soon!!!

By the way, I wrote a follow-up to my previous comment about Yom Ha'Atzmaut, but it didn't post. Oh well, it's a moot point now that you've got a new post up. Oh, and thanks for backing me up after the other commenter tried to rip me a new one. I've started reading his blog now and I think we've created Shalom. Way to go, Josh!
 
Isn't it the best meeting bloggers in real-life. It kinda makes me think that we blogging addicts have a real life.

Did you find that people were as they seemed from their blogs?
 
i'm jealous...
 
Josh - you're welcome in Victoria any time.
 
sounds like a good subject for a book - kind of like jack kerouac for bloggers
 
PC - You betcha! Not that my usual Shabbos plans are hard to beat, but there is nothing like BB's house for interesting people and even more interesting discussions, even if I'm not into "bored" games.

Seth - I do appreciate your invitation, and do hope to take you up on it at some time. Unfortunately, you don't live within driving distance, so it's a bit more complex. But all in due time... And none of my posts are ever closed. Everything is always emailed to me, and I will respond, no matter how old the thread may be. And I'm glad you're making new friends on my blog.

Nemo - Yeah, it's great seeing that we're not nebby, and, yes, the personalities are there. As a non-anonymous blogger, there is less contradiction between my real and online personalities, but of course if one of the things I treasure about blogging is the ability to interact with other interesting people about seroius issues, I'm glad to be able to take that friendship offline. Just because we probably would never have met in real life without the blog, doesn't mean that I shouldn't prevent the blog for acting as a catalyst in making "real" friendships out of this as well.

Raychee - Jealous of BB for having me or jealous of me for getting to go to BB? Because I'm sure she'd have you too.

AS - Same as Seth. I'd love to, but we'll have to wait until I get more free time for travelling. From the pics and description, I'd love it!

Elster - I suppose. If they volunteer, I'm willing. It is nice to expand my circle. But since so many bloggers zealously guard their identities, many are afraid of compromise their anonymity. But I'm discreet...

MH - I still think we need a frum bloggers convention. Maybe in Lakewood?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?