Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Let Me Introduce You to...

Hi, my name is Josh. Many of you may remember me from such blogs as "Why Josh Can't be Left Alone." It was this blog where I used to post frequently about my views on Jewish topics - and other rediculous things.

The good news is I am now settled (a bit) in New Jersey. Or at least almost as much as one can be in NJ. I have a bed, a place to park my car most nights, and a 15 minute commute. There are plenty of Minyanim nearby, a couple of restaurants, and I can head to NYC without calling a travel agent. And I got rid of my laptop.

So things have been treating me well, and I've had opportunities to reconeccet with a lot of old friends. But did I mention that I ditched the laptop? So, yeah, I guess my blogging schedule hasn't really been settled out yet. I still read at work, but unless I change my "No Blogging from Work" rule, I guess I'm going to be less frequent.

So more good news (possibly correlated). I may have a life. I've found that there are many things you can do without a laptop (such as speak to live people!). Maybe I'll renew my interest in a personal computer in the future, but somehow, right before Rosh Hashana, I decided to go commando. Not like that, sicko. Computerless. No internet. Like Lakewood. Except that this is a personal decision, and not necessarily something I think everyone needs to do. But I think it'll be good for my religious growth, for now.

And on more good news, I'm a Shadchan! I set up a couple (a girl I dated and a friend of mine) and now they're on Onlysimchas! So crazy, right? Simchas!

Comments:
good for you! enjoy the lap-top-free-breeze
 
Mazel tov! Whos the lucky couple?
 
Have a holy Elul! ;)
 
congrats on the shiduch. crazy because...she dated you and still wanted to go out with your friend? just kidding.
 
mazel tov on the shidduch, nice to see you again!
 
congrats on becoming a Shachan!
I have weeks where I decide to stay away from the comp as much as possible as well.
It usually lasts a few days less than I intend to, but boy do things get done n those days..!
 
Hey, you only mentioned that four times.

Good luck on the shadchan business. It can usually suck
 
yippeeee!
now you're GUARANTEED a place in olam haba...or at least that's what i've been told!
 
So you are Josh the recovering blogoholic... glad to see youve given up the addiction ;-)
 
Hey Josh! Long Time. I just stumbled across your blog. I havn't seen you since Israel, and that was only once. Before that was back when we did Upstate NCSY together. How's life? What are you up to these days? Guess I should just read your blog.

Kol Tuv,

Purim Hero,
www.purimhero.blogspot.com
 
no laptop?!?! but....but....the video....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?